5.06.2009

Excorcist-style Projectile Vomiting

I have so many fun things to blog about that require the uploading of pictures I can't find, and as such, I have no fun things to blog about. More on that later...

However, I have received numerous requests for more posts about baby puke. "Seriously?", you're asking me. Yes. Seriously. Well anyway, ask and ye shall receive.

As you probably already know, I'm a nanny to a 9 month old boy and 3 year old girl. My family was visting recently from Connecticut, and so I took my two charges over to hang out with them while I was working. I was trying to distract the three year old with crafts, while I waited for my mom to get ready to run some errands, and I noticed the baby had put something in his mouth. I fished around in his slobbery pie-hole trying to get it out, but it was long gone. I figured if he was breathing and such, it was all good.

Later in the day (we're talking at least 2 hours), I was feeding him a bottle, when he started to spit up. I cleaned him up, and then continued to feed him. As soon as the bottle was done, his eyes got HUGE, and he proceed to projectile vomit Excorcist-style the entire contents of the bottle he had just eaten, plus I'm pretty sure just about everything he had previously eaten the past 978098 days.

I asked my little brother to grab me a towel, turned the baby to face me to clean him up, at which point he PUKED AGAIN all over me. TWICE. I'm telling you this kid must have a vast and bottomless stomach because we are talking quarts of puke. When he had finished, he just smiled at me, and I noticed something in his teeth. It was a tiny purple star sticker that his sister had been using to make crafts with earlier in the day. SERIOUSLY? I just endured Puke Fest '09 because he ate a tiny sticker the size of a pencil eraser??

It's all fun and games until someone gets doused in baby puke. Remember that.

1 comments:

The Geiser Family said...

or hunting in diapers for the elusive thumbtack to make its way through the digestive track. That story is 5 years old now. He will be 6 in a few weeks. Seriously, could you ever get paid well enough to carry that smell around? Gross. But you are doing a great job sunshine : )